ART ProChannel II Tube Microphone Preamp Channel Strip With EQ/Comp
1-channel Channel Strip with Tube Microphone Preamp, Optical Compressor, and Semi-parametric Equalizer.Used - Excellent Condition
The ART Pro Channel II is an affordable channel strip that any serious engineer can appreciate! The Pro Channel II gives you the warm tones of a tube preamplifier, the smoothness of an optical compressor, and the flexibility of a console-style equalizer. All together, this combination of powerhouse processing provides you with an amazing degree of control over your sound. Now add two sets of insert insert points for your outboard gear, and an instrument input for your guitar or bass, and you're in business.
When ART designed the Pro Channel II, they built it with a wide range of applications in mind. That's why they gave it with a set of highly flexible inputs. The preamp lets you select the ideal impedance for your microphone, and a variable highpass filter lets you roll off lows starting anywhere between 10Hz and 250Hz. A +20dB toggle lets you kick up the gain (perfect for ribbon mics), and you can even spice up the Pro Channel II's tone by upping the tube voltage.
Perfect for processing guitar and bass
ART's Pro Channel II is also great for instruments. Plug your guitar or bass into its high-impedance input, and it instantly bypasses the mic pre. That gives you full access to Pro Channel's compressor and EQ sections without coloring your sound.
Powerful compressor section lets you take control of your dynamics
The compressor in ART's Pro Channel II is modeled after the classic optical compressors of the '60s and '70s. On its more gentle settings, it lets you ease off changes in volume - perfect for smoothing out vocals and evening out the levels of your stems. You can turn up the ratio for limiting, and individual attack and release controls also make the Pro Channel II's compressor great for shaping the transients of bass lines, kick drums, and much more.
Flexible semi-parametric equalizer lets you tweak your sound
If you're looking for console-style control over your sound, then you're going to love the Pro Channel II's equalizer section. ART gave this channel strip a highly flexible semi-parametric EQ, complete with selectable low and high shelving bands and a pair of adjustable mid-frequency bands. This let you use the Pro Channel II to get great sound even out of the most demanding sources.
ART Pro Channel II Channel Strip Features:
• An excellent channel strip for all kinds of microphones
• Perfect for processing guitar and bass
• Powerful opto compressor lets you take control of your dynamics
• Flexible semi-parametric equalizer lets you tweak your sound
• An excellent channel strip for all kinds of microphones•
• This highly versatile channel strip lets you get excellent sound out of a wide range of sources
• One of the most affordable complete channel strips available
• Tube microphone preamplifier gives you transparent sound with the perfect touch of warmth
• Variable impedance input lets you get the most out of any microphone
• Hi-Z instrument input bypasses the mic pre, letting you process guitar and bass directly, without extra coloration
• Onboard opto compressor provides ultra-smooth dynamics processingdynamics
• Console-style equalizer lets you tweak your tone to perfection
• Pre-compressor and pre-equalizer insert points make integrating your outboard gear easy
• Analog VU meter and LED level displays let you keep an eye on your volume and gain reduction
• Balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4" outputs let you connect the Pro Channel II to virtually any interface, mixer, or amplifier